ICFF Press Release, Nov 17
Rajendra Prasad offers to help make children film
- Hyderabad, Nov 17: Noted Tollywood hero Rajendra Prasad believes that Indian cinema is yet to grow to a stage where it can compete with Chinese films, both in number and quality.
- Rajendra Prasad, a house-hold name in the whole South and in the North too told the press persons at the Media Centre in Silpakala Vedika, got up on the occasion of the ongoing 17 th International Children’s Film Festival in the city, that Indian films, particularly Telugu cinema, is yet to come to a stage where it can compete with the world cinema. He is not happy with the average number of films produced in a year. “For instance, China is producing a number of good films and a separate wing has been created in the ongoing Children Film Festival speaks itself for this. We too have to compete with them,” he said.
- Particularly, the number of children films produced in a year is very less when compared to other countries, he said and offered to play an active role if someone comes forward with a ‘good’ idea. “It may be either I can act in the film or otherwise,” he said.
- Observing that cinema is the most powerful medium that can influence one’s life even at a tender age, Rajendra Prasad recalled how a movie that he had watched during his childhood transformed him into becoming a film hero. “Films, good and quality cinema, certainly help children grow stronger.” Films, both by the children and for the children, should come more in number, he stated.
- Rajendra Prasad, a jury member for the film fest, said that he could not watch any film till now and could also not act as a jury member due to his busy schedule. He, however, was happy that film actors and technicians across the globe have come to “our place” and could feel the hospitality, culture and heritage.
- To a question he fondly recalled how the former prime minister, the late P V Narasimha Rao, keenly watched his movies like ‘Rajendrudu-Gajendrudu’, ‘Pelli Pustakam’, ‘Mr Pellam’ and ‘Mayalodu” at the world famous temple town of Tirupathi during one of PV’s visits. “After watching the films he (PV) termed me as a “stress reliever” and this made a university think on the lines of awarding an honourary doctorate for me. Such is the entertainment films provide, Rajendra Prasad observed.
- Earlier, the makers of the “Gantala Bandi”, a film chosen for screening in the 17 th International Children Film Festival, said that the pathetic conditions prevailing in the villages in Chambal Valley in Madhya Pradesh was the inspiration for them to make the movie. The director, Mr Rukmini Krishna, its producer, Mr Ananat, the girl who played the lead role in the movie, Pavani, and other technicians were present during the press briefing.
Veteran Telugu Movie Star Dr.Rajendra Prasad has adressed the media and expressed his views about the International Children's Film Festival and how much he loves to be part of such events.
press meet with Gantala Bandi team.
- Iran films even though have soft subject they are able to get acclaim applause all around so gained inspiration from that and made this film .
- Nag Gottap is the Producer and Director of the movie, a JNTU fine arts student who is into advertising but has passion for film making .
- 16th Nov 2011, 12:00 pm, Press meet with the crew of "sikharam -The Peak" ,they spoke about the journey of making the film.
- Teja a well known child artist says this movie should be seen by everybody it has something for a student, a teacher, a parent in it .
Rajendranath Zutshi came to the media centre and spoke to the media about his movie life, he said some interesting things about the making of Stanley the Dabba
sikharam -the peak, An everyday tribal adventure, the movie made by the students of JNTU Fine Arts.
Mr. Basi Reddy the director of "7 days in Slow Motion" and the cast of the movie popular child artist Teja and Nishanthi(LBW Fame) at the press conference
Starting with a NAMASTHEY in Indian style, the Chinese actress Ms meo meo expresses her experiences in India and talks about her role in the Chinese film industry.
Mr Li Qiankuan hums a beautiful song from the indian film "awara" at the press conference.
Mr Li Qiankuan with his wife Ms Xiao Guiyun, the directors of the film "The star and the sea" has appreciated indian films in press meet held at media center , shilpa kala vedika .
The directors of the film "the star and the sea" with the chinese actress Ms meo meo were expressing feelings about their film in the press meet .